Lutheran Services New York Alliance currently offers Distance learning CPE program – Extended CPE Unit. It is offered twice a year – 25 weeks long. Spring/Summer Unit: March – August and Fall/Winter Unit: September – February. In this program you are free to elect a clinical site of your choice – hospital, nursing home, congregation, community, etc. in your geographical area. All students then join together in the group learning, which happens once a week via Zoom. Written materials are communicated and submitted via Google Classroom.
Email/contact us for more information about tuition, scholarships and program dates.
Clinical Pastoral Education:
- Is experiential, supervised learning
- Develops skills for pastoral care to persons in crisis
- Uses clinical/case method
- Seeks to enhance self-understanding as related to ministerial functioning
- Undergirds self-integration of pastoral/ministerial identity
- Utilizes interpersonal group process for reporting and reflecting on ministry
- Practice individualizes learning goals
- Explores practical and conceptual aspects of theology and behavioral sciences